Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our 4th of July Vacation

I'M SO VERY EXCITED!!!!!

So this trip I have wanted to do since I seen it on the Yahoo 10 most beautiful lakes in the world and since we've done Lake Garda (which was also on there) A LOT, this one is going to be even more fun. Some of you might remember me talking about this trip, but if not, here's a sneak peak of what we have planned!

It's a 5 1/2 hour drive to our destination and halfway there is Trieste, Italy. I don't know much about Trieste but I did some searching online and found this wonderful Castle that is surrounded by beautiful gardens and the Sea. What could be better then this for our 1/2 way potty break, leg stretch, bar (restaurant) stop!
Of course when we get back I will be posting my own pictures! This one was taken of the online sight about the Castle. Can't wait to see it and experience more of Italy we haven't seen yet!

There's other places along the road we could stop at too but I didn't want to cram too much into day 1 on traveling. We check into our Apartment between 2 and 11pm on Saturday the 2nd so we have plenty of time to get there. I of course want to get there in enough time to buy some food, find our way to the National Park we are going to see and get settled in before the sun goes down. So where are we going????

PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never heard of it? Look it up, it's going to be AMAZING! Here's a little about it, in the national park there are 16 lakes and they are all connected! Not by streams or rivers but by WATERFALLS! Can you imagine? I try and think about how it's going to look all the time and looking at pictures just makes me even more curious if that's how it actually is. Here are a few pictures of the waterfalls.....




Beautiful isn't it? Across several of the lakes are walking paths made of wood with no railings (we'll see how that works with the kids) that actually go close to the waterfalls themselves. They say it is like the Grand Canyon in the states but with Vegetation!!! I can't wait to go and take pictures (Can't forget to take my tripod and my claw for the camera). Since we'll have the kids with us, and it's going to be a bunch of walking, we can stop to take breaks (picture opportunities) more often :) Not that I have to have a reason to take pictures but hey, it helps!!!

So, what do you think??? Think we'll have an incredible time? I can't wait for it to get here! Only two short weekends away and we'll be on another adventure of a lifetime!!!!! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment